Saturday, August 3, 2013

THE CITY SET: Top Tips on Beating the Summer Heat


Setting our sights on the fast pace fashionable cities of the world, we take a look at what the do's and don'ts of New York, London and Dubai's fashion set are. These women set stride looking poised, polished, and spot on trend in the dead summer heat - How do they do it? 

Let's find out...


"I got a haircut that put in a few more layers into my long hair to make it feel lighter (and slightly cooler), but allowed me to still keep my hair long. "

Fong Wa Chung
Investment Banker, NYC
_________________


"With the humidity and heat during NY summers you can rarely have a good hair day. One way to turn the messy frizz into a fun look is putting leave in conditioner in your locks for a "surf babe do"!
The key is to wear airy and loose fabrics that won't show sweat marks or wrinkle, plus a slightly more relaxed fit tends to make one look slimmer. Linen and lycra based pieces tend to work great!
For the face, blotting sheets keep the shine at bay. Extra layers of powder just give a cakey look which looks extra heavy with the heat. Less is more when it comes to a fresh face in the summer."

Olga Baczynska
Investor Relations, NYC
_________________

"I walk a lot in the summer so try to always carry a bottle of water with me, I up the daily sunscreen factor to 50+ (am a big fan of La Roche Posays liquid sunscreen, which feels like water) and I wear a hat to keep the sun off my face. I also stick to open toed shoes, light colored and thin cotton or linen fabrics, and wear extra light lingerie by Nudwear to keep me cool and VPL free!"

Astrid Montalta
Entrepreneur, Dubai
_________________


"Four tips get me through my summers in London... I carry a bottle of sparking water with with me wherever I go - a refreshing and nice alternative to drink, rather than tap/still water. I wear a bright lipstick in the evening as it detracts from the sweat on my face. I carry Dyptique solid perfume with me it's small and smells great! I always carry 2 pairs of shoes with me (flats + high heels) so I am never caught off-guard. My favourite trick is to wear long earrings to take attention away from my sweaty face, alternatively I opt for large statement necklaces."

Marketing Officer, London
_________________

x,

IMAGE CREDITS: ALLURE EDITORIAL + THE COVETEUR STYLE & BEAUTY

No comments:

Post a Comment